View Single Post
Old 10-02-2016, 05:50 PM

I've had the Pass 150 in my system vs my AX-5/Twenty and it was outstanding, but not as good as my Ayre for micro and macro dynamics. It's not the same integrated at your 250, so I can't comment on that one. I have always enjoyed the Pass gear, but have always stayed away as they sell out the back door and they sell so much B stock and make so many deals, that it's hard for it to keep it's value. That's a personal thing with me and one reason I stopped buying Krell and Levinson even though I had very close ties to both (my ex has represented Mark in some legal proceedings). Again, if you can get your discount, maybe you can keep your value.

My interaction with Ayre is the reason I went in their direction. They were outstanding in having me speak with sales and engineering on a couple of topics. That was before I purchased their products. I've gotten to know Alex Brinkman recently and he's a great guy and more than eager to help customers or prospective customers.

I wasn't on your call, so I don't know what you wanted out of it or why you couldn't go through your local dealer if you had one. I don't know the tone you used or if someone there was very busy or not. It's too bad you were displeased, but it's good that you got the amp you wanted. They really must have hit something personal for you to be that upset to post such negative things on the internet.

Just because I don't own someone's gear, doesn't mean I don't troll their threads. I know many who do the same as we like to keep up on what's out there, because no dealer can carry everything out there and we like to keep an open mind and go listen at as much as possibly. Hope you are doing good.

Last edited by ctsooner; 10-02-2016 at 06:03 PM.