View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Bubeck View Post
My sample of the C2500 has been great. As performed quickly by my dealer, the v1.03 firmware update successfully accomplished two years ago and dealt with any minor issues I had. Verify that the update (version may be viewed in the digital display) has been done or will be done, if you are purchasing from a McIntosh dealer. My sample is currently mated with an MC462 with sonically sublime results.

The DAC in the C2500 is a very good one, it gives one a listening alternative, its handy, and it does not prevent one from externally updating with another DAC in the future. If the second hand purchase prices of the C23 and the C2500 under consideration are practically identical, the DAC is a virtual freebie.

Hope this helps. YMMV.

Bob
+1

After the firmware updates my c2500 was issue free. I also agree the DAC is a freebie. You can always add an external DAC as technology progresses.

Speakers: Von Schweikert VR-5 Anniversary MK II Front L/R, LCR-35 Center, VR-1 Rear L/R Sub: JL Audio F113
Amps: PS Audio BHK Signature 300 Mono, McIntosh MC207 Pre-Amp PS Audio BHK Signature and Gold Note PH-10 Phono Stage/PSU-10 Power Supply
Turntable: VPI HR-X 12.7 TONEARM (2) and SDS, Stillpoints LPI
Tape Deck Otari 5050B II2
Music Server: Aurender N100H
Cartridges: Ortofon Cadenza Black, Lyra Helikon Mono Digital Source: Oppo UDP-205 DAC: Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE
SSP: Marantz AV8801 Cables: Wireworld Electra 7 (P) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7, Shunyata Delta NR (I) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 (S)
Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 (USB)
AC Power Regeneration: PS Audio DirectStream P15 Power Plant and Shunyata Denali 6000s V2.