View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 06:46 PM

Location: Lago Vista Texas Downtown Austin and Frisco Colorado

Another review on the Evo 100. Not sure what language it's in so I'm only going to translate the conclusion

The last word
With the PrimaLuna EvoLution EVO 100 DAC, technology is quickly forgotten and the emphasis shifts to play and music. As it should be and what not every DAC can meet, regardless of the price range. Sometimes technology has the upper hand and offering options such as various filters, DSD, MQA, analogue inputs, volume control, etc. has a higher priority, in order to impress the volatile or less well-known buyer. That is something that no PrimaLuna has been seduced into. It is music, music and more music that matters. The EvoLution EVO 100 DAC has been playing with great pleasure for many hours. As I am used to from a brand like PrimaLuna without any failures and knowing the reputation, it will stay that way for years to come.

The EvoLution EVO 100 DAC can, in my opinion, play in the main class and will certainly be a welcome addition to the set for owners of PrimaLuna amplifiers. For everyone else, the EvoLution EVO 100 DAC may be the first PrimaLuna product in the house, with this display quality certainly not the last. And it may be the only device that has tubes in it, a tube amplifier next to it may be very nice, but it is not really necessary.

https://www.hifi.nl/artikel/28052/Re...Converter.html