View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 01:58 PM

Hi malba2366,

I understood the context of what you wrote, and you didn't offend me.

Most people who buy our products (not including headphones and personal portables) do so because they heard them at a store. Short of that demonstration experience, there is no reason (a want if you will) to buy. Brick and mortar is an expensive proposition (product isn't free, people cost money, etc.) and retailers expect that manufacturers will help protect their investment. They are right to expect that. We've got the broadest possible distribution in North America, which makes going to a dealer as convenient as it can be.

Making everything for sale online isn't going to move the needle on my business. Short of a demonstration, there isn't really anything compelling that you can tell me that would make me want to buy a $2k pair of bookshelf speakers. But what moving business online will do is send a clear signal to our dealers that we don't care about them, and that will negatively impact my business in a massive way.

Best regards,

Patrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by malba2366 View Post
It was not my intention to say that firing him was a good move (I apologize if my post read that way, or offended anyone), and I am not complaining about anything....My point was that the antiquated sales policy might be hurting them with customers who are used to being able to research and purchase almost anything from the comfort of their home and have it delivered to their home rather than driving from store to store looking and negotiating.
The retail industry has been greatly disrupted by online shopping, and just like other industries that have been disrupted by technology those companies who refuse to move forward with the times could be left behind.
I can understand keeping the high end Diamond series under the current price policy but the CM/700 series and lower could be made available for online sales as those products can attract a much broader clientele who may not seek out high end audio retailers or live near a Magnolia store.