View Single Post
Old 05-20-2020, 02:57 PM

Default Jaguar F-Type V8

Since I'd owned a couple of used E-types a long time ago, I want wanted to see if the new generation would be more reliable and just as much fun. It is both.
It arrived in mid-June 2013 as a 2914 model. Since the 5 litre V8 495 hp motor had been developed in LandRovers, its reliable. it's supercharged and without the turbo lag my that 2003 Porsche Turbo with X50 had.
Connected to an 8-speed ZF found in other brands, but well matched with paddle shift and very good rev matching. Claimed 0-60 of 4.2 sec, but independently tested at 3.9. Selecting "Dynamic" re-profiles Shifting, motor response, steering and suspension in a tangible way.
It is rear wheel drive and must be respected on damp roads or if driven aggressively as rear wheels will spin easily. Later models increased hp to 550 or more, but more importantly, added torque vectoring, and 4WD.
One trait is the potentially very loud exhaust, on acceleration, and on overrun.
Can be controlled if kept below 3k revs in residential areas. Otherwise good fun in small doses.
Trunk will just accept to carry-ons. Wife and I still driving it and like its appearance - nicely proportioned without excessive sculpturing. Bob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F Type + E'e.jpg (98.4 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg F-type conv .jpg (99.2 KB, 80 views)