Thread: Luxman MQ-300
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by restock View Post
Maybe the amp section in the E-600 is just that good ...no need to move to a tube amp.

I moved to the E-600 from a Shindo Giscours and Cortese/Haut Brion. The Shindo was a tad more detailed with a bit more PRAT. The E-600 got surprisingly close to the texture and tonality of the Shindo - and this was with the internal phono card in the E-600 which could not quite keep up with the phono section of the Giscours. Now with the C-37 and a better matching power cord I think it would be an even closer call, possibly even in favour of the E-600.

And less to worry about with no tubes...I end up listening more often with the SS amp on most of the time.
restock, you make a very good point. The E-600 is the real deal. I should leave well enough alone.
Audio Room: CH Precision I1, Esoteric k01XD, Lab 12 Melto 2, Luxman PD-171A TT, Roon Nucleus, Stenheim Alumine Three, Silversmith Fidelium speaker cables, Siltech 680 interconnects, Shunyata Sigma USB Cable, Audioquest Hurricane PCs, Shunyata Everest,CORE Design racks, Stein Harmonizers, HRS damping plates, Stillpoints and all that other silly stuff.

Office: Luxman L-595A SE, Diapason Neos speakers, HiFi Rose RS150B, Nordost Frey 2 Interconnects, Tellurium Q Silver speaker cables,