View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 10:01 PM

Sorry to hijack thread with a bunch of questions, but for some reason I'm not allowed to create a thread and this thread seems relevant.

If you disconnect the sub during audyssey setup, will the processor still output a sub signal? In my case I'm using a Marantz 8802A. I want to experiment with DARO and audyssey's calibration to see which I prefer.

If one does decide to allow audyssey to perform full bass management on these V2 subs, how do you fully defeat the subs controls? From what I understand checking the manual it is 1) press defeat, 2) switch to Ref (not variable), and 3) turn low pass filter to off, and 4) turn LP filter to 80hz. Cant understand this last step given the LP filter is already off... Also, what about ELF trim, phase and polarity? What should these be set at? Whatever the case, this is a really involved process for those of us with dual home theater/ stereo setups that would switch between audyssey and DARO frequently.

I also notice that JL didn't give much thouht to those of us that need both the RCA and balanced connections connections since it always defaults to the balanced input and does not seem to auto sense which one is getting a signal - thus necessitating manually unplugging the balanced inputs when you need the rca signal.