View Single Post
Old 01-27-2019, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterlu View Post
Yup, a good deal more than anyone will pay for subs.
Agree, but with the addition of an additional Niagara 5000 and Dragon HC power cord, this will push my sub system to over 60 grand. I believe it will be worth every penny. I was shocked at how much improvement there was with the addition of a 1.25 over a 601. Then with the addition of a Redwood/Wolfe IC/Hurricane HC the sensitivity/articulation/clarity dramatically increased. So now I'm giving the 1.25 its own Niagara and Dragon (1 meter HC). Should be arriving this week. AQ recommends spending the money on the power cord coming out of the wall over the one coming out of the conditioner. I'm going to post pics of my system in Member System Forum after this installation in a few weeks.

Sources: McIntosh MCD1100 SACD player, MVP881 BR player, MVP851 DVD player, MR87 tuner, Marantz 510LV Laser Disc player, ASUS laptop USB (JRiver Media Center 23)
Speakers: Wilson Audio Specialties Alexx
Sub-woofer: Wilson Audio Specialties Thor’s Hammer (1) and Wilson Watch Controller
Cables main system: Audioquest Wel Signature speaker cables and IC’s; Dragon power cords (8)
Sub-woofer system: Audioquest Redwood speaker cable; Wolf IC and Hurricane power cords (2)
Power conditioners: Audioquest Niagara 7000 (1) and Niagara 5000 (2); (4) 20-amp lines

Last edited by Charles; 01-27-2019 at 05:06 AM.