View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 09:42 AM
Hear to listen...

My thoughts on your dilemma: If your Sashas are "beloved," then don't even make it a question. It's about your likes, not theirs.

I think both companies make excellent speakers, and it's a matter of personal taste, including aesthetics. Some people find the Wilsons horribly ugly...I didn't used to think much of them, myself. However, after a number of years, I've transitioned from (my wife's words) "they look like garbage cans" to seeing them as beautiful industrial art. On the looks front, I don't warm up to the Magicos, at all...but I'm now biased, obviously. If someone wrote that he thought they were beautiful, would I care? Absolutely not...I'll keep my opinion, and he can have his. It's no different from a sonic standpoint. To be honest, I don't subscribe to any of the magazines...it's just too easy to get caught up in wanting new gear. When I have the desire to make a change, then I go out and seek opinions/reviews on products that I think might be a good fit. In the end, I'm only interested in finding a product that works for me from a sonic/visual perspective. Once I have it, then I focus on finding music to listen to because, ultimately, that's what's important, to me.

Good luck with whatever you decide is best for you!

Aural pleasures courtesy of SME, Dynavector, Audio Research, Simaudio, Wireworld, & Wilson