Thread: We won!!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 06:21 PM

Default We won!!!!

OMG- what a game! The Indians, with their multi-million dollar+ players, an opening batsman (Sharma) who has scored 5 centuries in the Tournament (World Number 2 Batsman), Kohli (World Number 1 batsman), and MS Dhoni (50+ average, 350 games for India & the 'finisher'), Bumrah (Worlds number 1 bowler) and we beat them! https://www.espncricinfo.com/

No sleep, can't believe it! Pacing the lounge at 2 am in the morning screaming when Dhoni was brilliantly run out by Guppy- what a moment!
Then cleaning up the tail of the Indian batting- what a night- took me 2 hours to calm down before going to bed. I'm bearly eyed at work this morning.

This is International Sport at its best.

I do feel sorry for my friends in the USA- your 2 top sports (Baseball & American Football) nobody else plays: so no World Cup, no tours of other countries. You are missing out on life's best sporting moments- playing other countries & winning against the odds- nobody gave New Zealand a chance against India.- NZ with under 5 million people & Cricket the poor cousin of Rugby, bet the WORLD POWER India with 1.339 Billion People & the BCCI has more money than God- it's just unbelievable.

Us Kiwis, our 2 top sports, Rugby & Cricket- half the World play (with Cricket, over 3 Billion People follow the game) and there is NOTHING like winning an International Game of Sport.

I'm gonna need a stiff whiskey & a lie down now, but its only 10.20am in the morning.

Aussie v the Poms tonight-that should also be a cracking game!

Could be an ANZAC Final!