View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeylee View Post
John49,
Good question. My dealer had a 600i and not a 700i in stock to loan us. Since we were told both have the same sonic signature but with the 700i taking the bass slam, clearness in the highs, quietness, and soundstage just a little farther, we agreed to demo the 600i. The differences my dealer and the Simaudio exec told me were consistent with what I have read in reviews. Since this is going to be my last amp upgrade in quite a few years, we went with the slightly better and more powerful 700i.

Mikeylee,

Thanks for that. It is true that the sonic signature is very similar, so if you liked the 600i, you should also like the 700i. One thing to remember is that the loaner 600i probably was well broken-in. Your new 700i will need some time on it to sound at least as good, before sounding even better! I found that mine would not sound too good sometimes in the first few months and it had me wondering what was wrong. A few more hours use and it sounded good again and improved further until it now seems to be settled.

Enjoy!
Avid Acutus SP, NO ARM, Benz Micro LP-S, Whest Audio PS.40RDT SE, PS Audio DSMP+DS DAC, Simaudio Moon 700i, Dali Epicon 6, Simaudio Moon Nēo 430HAD, HiFiMan HE-1000v2, Chord Sarum SA XLR, RCA, USB, Chord Sarum speaker, Nordost Vishnu power, Furutech plugs, PS Audio P10+Chord Sarum SA power, Stillpoints Ultra SS, Ultra Mini and LPI, HiFi Racks rack, Audio Desk Systeme PRO+Keith Monks Omni RCM