View Single Post
Old 04-28-2018, 08:05 PM

Default To couch or not to couch

The video encouraged me to work with the speaker positioning more, and I got to better sq a foot further out and 3/4 foot closer to the walls. Thanks FDPK and Rodney. Nothing like the 8:5 ratio referenced (43x21). In the past sq got worse as I moved further out so I stopped (measured and heard). I didn't go enough forward to see it start improving again. Lesson learned, don’t make my mistake. That took two-three nights.

This got the 70hz null and helped with the rest. Most important, sense of stage got bigger. I don't like the look of the speakers forward, but I like the sound so will get used to the look. As stated by the experts here, treatment will only do so much. I guess it will help everyone understand priorities: dog, music, , , , maybe you.

After that I tried moving the couch as far back as I could (not sure how it got in the room) and spun it length wise just to test, the 90hz null got 6-8db better and other low frequencies a little smoother (attached), but not some of the mid. Hmmm.... I'm tired. A good journey anyway.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 45x21.jpg (22.0 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg 45x21 couch mvd.jpg (24.1 KB, 48 views)

Last edited by kubla36; 04-28-2018 at 08:57 PM.