Thread: Adona?
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 01:12 PM

I've used Adona and specifically a large number of different combinations of AV45 X and Y frame layouts over the years including a custom double-wide setup Paul manufactured for me many years ago...

It takes some getting used to however 1 small trick is to grab a ruler and measure the first shelf on the bottom from the bottom of the 1st support column to the flange of the x-frame below the 1st positioning bolt then do the same adding column 4 then 2 then 3 (where clockwise you have 1->2->3->4), get that x-frame snugged and level (with platform on it and then measure on column 1 from top of flange of the x-frame bracket to the bottom of the other, then repeat column 4 then 2 then 3, finger tight only until you can check you have a level shelf then snug them tight with Allen wrench,...rinse/repeat for the other shelves.

What you will find is that if you minor differences in your hardwood floor level or in your carpet+padding+subfloor that the AV45s/other Adona racks will show that off vividly. I've found in such cases that I loosen only 1 columns x-frames to barely the point that will allow the x-frames to slide and I was or lower only that column to where the spike/other footer makes positive contact with the flooring then tighten from the bottom up.

It's easier to explain via phone...happy to spend some time on a call.

Price/performance/load bearing capability/stability of Adona for me....cannot be beat.

BTW...later generations beyond the AV45 are reported to be easier to work wit.

Last edited by SCAudiophile; 09-21-2018 at 04:33 PM.