View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbphd View Post
As I understand Hansen's position, there is no problem with that unless you interpose the 10B between the preamp and amp. I had planned to high-pass to the amp above 100 Hz, low-pass to the subs below 100 Hz using a balanced 10B and was advised not to do that. Now I plan to only low-pass to the subs, staying out of the preamp-to-amp link. Does the output of your 10B go to an Ayre amp?

I suppose I could try both, because counterposed to what I understand is a zero feedback issue I suspect the LS50s would be well served by shunting frequencies below 100 Hz from them.

db
Single-ended output pair from the KX-5/20 goes to 10B, which drives a quad amp for a sub, and one balanced output pair goes to a VX-5/20 to drive quad esl 63s. The esls get the full frequency range but drop off below 45Hz. The bass is only for 20 to 50 range. 10B is set at 30HZ with second order filter. I modified the circuit so the volume control is on the low pass circuit. In my case each channel is attenuated 1db. Passive summing of two channels for single bass.