Thread: Want to stream
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonBattles View Post
Forgive my ignorance but if I get/have Tidal what would I need Roon for? Would it be considered a "extra", is it adding anything other that metadata and helping you choose music?
Why Roon?
Roon has a very powerful way of managing your entire library. With Roon you can "add" a Tidal album to your library. Once you do that, Roon will treat the added album as if you "own" that album and you can use all of Roon's powerful database management capabilities.

You want to easily find all your Led Zeppelin collection that is high-resolution? Or find all the music in your library by a certain composer? Or list all the tracks produced by Rudy Van Gelder that are not mp3 files? Roon will do all those things very easy.

And if one day you decide to add a NAS or a hard drive to store your own digital music, Roon can index it and will give you access to your entire collection (the Tidal library plus whatever music you have in your drives) in a unified way.

Also, Roon's graphical user interface is much better than Tidal's. So much so that it is MUCH easier and FASTER to find music from Tidal using Roon instead!

One more thing: Roon allows you to play to multiple Roon devices. You can group players together so you can be playing the exact music in different devices or rooms at the same time.

Oh, and of course the metadata.