View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 11:19 PM
Racing Hoopties

Default Denali 6000/s V2

I purchased my in-demand Denali and a few weeks later one of my MC2301 mono block amps went into protection mode. Well before I had the amp repaired, my Denali arrived. How much do I hate having a new piece of equipment and not be able to test it out? Words cannot express. If I knew then what I have heard now, I would have been out of my mind.

After a painful 5 weeks without my system, I had a one-time friend help me schlep the amp upstairs and onto its stand. At that time, I just wanted to hear something, anything from my dormant system. I hurriedly connected both MC2301s to the Denali having it connected to its own 20 amp line with a Defender on the second outlet of that line.

There I was for a couple of weeks as I reacquainted myself to ‘the music’, ‘ the sound’. My heaven. One day, a fellow AA member sent me a message out of the blue and shook me from my laziness. They asked how I felt about my Denali versus my PS Audio P10.

Honestly, I had done zero comparison listening. I just put the amps on the Denali and left everything else except my sub on the P10 - until that morning when I decided to connect my C1100 to the Denali from the P10. After an OMG moment, later that day I connected everything including my sub to the Denali. Now, I am happy, happy, happy. It truly is like I removed a layer of cellophane between my speakers and me.

In the interest of being fair to myself, I do intend to re-connect pieces back to the PS Audio P10 to see of I can reproduce my initial reactions by hearing the cellophane rise. Time will tell and I will update this thread.

I am reluctantly beginning to believe Shunyata are on to something. This will be my third experience with them elevating my system after the Alpha USB and BNC cables I installed that were clearly upgrades.
Main Equipment: Kharma Elegance dB11-S, JL Audio F113v2 X 2, Block Audio Line & Mono SE Amplification, Bricasti M21 DAC, Antipodes Kala K-50 Server, Clearaudio Performance SE. Satisfy tonearm & Maestro Wood MM cartridge.
Power: Shunyata Everest 8000, Sigma XC v2, Sigma NR v2, Block Audio PCs, Defender, ADDPowr Wizard
Grounding: Shunyata Altaira CGS - 4 X Alpha CGS cables,
Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon) Modified Buffalo GS2016 Switches, Keces P3 LPSU,
Cables: Wireworld Platinum 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 Speaker cables, 6M & 1M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
Other:Two PSI Audio AVAA C20, Multiple GIK products, Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Minis and Ultra SS, Three 20 Amp lines, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack