View Single Post
Old 03-12-2016, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audio bill View Post
I heard a well broken in pair of Sopra 2 speakers several months ago with D'Agostino electronics driving them. I would best describe their sound as being very impressive, with great dynamics and an immersive soundfield. I didn't find them necessarily too bright, but their overall sound had somewhat of a forward perspective. Once their initial impressiveness wore off I shortly grew tired of them and didn't care for them in a long term listening session. This is totally subjective but I found them tiring to listen to, as opposed to being able to relax into the music. The dealer then connected a pair of Sonus faber Guarneri Evolution monitors, and they were much more to my preference. No they didn't have the bass extension of the Focals, but I immediately felt a sense of ease and was able to relax and gain more of an emotional involvement with the music. Again my preferences are totally subjective and other listeners may well prefer the more immediate presentation of the Sopras. Hope this helps, and obviously there is no substitute for auditioning them for yourself.
Thanks AudioBill. In the past i have always gravitated to a warmer laid back sound, so it will be interesting to hear the Sopras and see if they win me over. Will try to spend enough time with them to let the first impression wear off.