View Single Post
Old 12-22-2019, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david45 View Post
Bearcity and FloridaBoy, thank you so much for the replies.

I still haven't officially received my new to me 6flv amp but I can't wait to go pick it up!!

With all those tube rolling options, I'm feeling like a kid in a candy store!

Bearcity: I am definitely ordering some 6f6s as per your suggestion as well as a 5U4 from Brent Jessee. He also has some NOS 5Y3 for 15$ a pop so I'll add one of those.

I can only find some 6f6s tubes available for sale on ebay and they come in both regular or ST bottle. As you said they are very affordable so I'm thinking I should get a pair of each.
Thanks again for the recommendations and let us know how you like that 6v6er after you spend some time with it! I will make sure to do the same!

FloridaBoy: I will be ordering a JJ 5Y3S as well and that 274b you told me to check out. The Pope 6v6gt tubes were originally on my radar, but as you said patience is a virtue and I don't necessarily want to go down the rabbit hole lol. Still undecided. Will most likely order them instead of the Genalex haha.
I saved the jpg you were reffering to a couple weeks ago and find it extremely convenient. Thanks for reminding me. Come to think of it, I still have a pair of TS KT120 I could also play with...but for some reason the jpg/combo sheet indicates 4 ohms and not 8...we'll see how that goes.

As for old production 6L6G, GA's and 6V6G's, that's going to have to wait. Plan is to experiment with all the possible combinations, break in the tubes nicely and enjoy the tunes.

And when I start going nuts in a few weeks or months, I guess I'll simply have to refrain from visiting the forum. Easier said then done I suppose :P
The Pope tubes, IMHO, are much better than the Genelex 6V6. My Genelex are gathering dust.