View Single Post
Old 08-06-2017, 05:56 PM

I own two of them, I was among the first two waves of shipments when they first shipped in December 2015 / January 2016.

I suspect my experience occurred across the USA: I got extreme discounting. Consider that Harmon makes its profit from sales to Automotive corporations. Managing their brand to drive those high margin business to business arrangements necessitates high end brands and new product releases therein.

The opportunity to make a profit by reselling what a dealer sold to a customer at crazy prices is what I assume you are seeing on Audiogon.

As for their sound? Even though I could make some money, mine aren't for sale. I clearly enjoy them a lot!

The dealer where I purchased my B&W's 800's demos the 800 Diamonds with MC 601's and a MC preamp. I bought the Levinson for more than the 601 cost, indicating my preference.

There's nothing wrong with the 536's. In fact, they are a great value at the price seen on Audiogon. They deserve the praise heaped on them by the experienced reviewers Greenhill and Kessler.

I owned the 536 for about 7 months before I added a preamp, the ML No. 523, and they really bloomed with the 523. I'm ecstatic about how they sound! I can't wait to hook the still unboxed Salon2's to them!