View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidho View Post
McIntosh is not a cd player brand: ampli, maybe premapli but with te cd player isreally no way.
Maybe sound not bad...but no thanks.

The Esoteric is like write MyPal the K-01 is a step up in all respects!!!!!

At first Esoteric burn as cd player Brand now have introduced ampli in the catalog ...

I had a 871 = a Denon inside!
The 301 always transport problem...sold very fast!

Style
I think mc CD players are great. I've never had a problem with my mcd301. I've heard issues with mcd201, not so much with the newer trays.

I disagree that mcintosh is only a brand for the amp. The science & engineering behind their speakers is top notch. As well as all other gear produced, even the mt-10, men220, cables, tuner too. They are still more of an engineering company that's beginning to market themselves better, and not vice versa.

Anyway, 871 with a "denon inside" has better performance than a denon. And if results are concerned, you've paid your money's worth.

If esoteric is a step up from the mc in the views of the respected folks here, then so be it, however, mc is a company that deserves full respect for what they have done with their gear, and also appropriately priced.

IMHO, you cannot replace the "mc sound" with other gear no matter where you look- others within the same price range may be different- and may suit others more, but hardly considered "better".

With mc, you are paying for engineering & r&d, aesthetics, and sound. To add further, service, longevity, and a company with very rich heritage, made in the usa with a high head count, amongst many other elements that make mcintosh what it is. There's just so much more to consider, and with all that, reasonably priced. You know this is a company to back and support no matter which phase of your hobby/profession/life you are in. Just my thoughts.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using A.Aficionado