View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
Probably. How do you (or anyone) think the Q1's would compare?
interesting comparison.
I know very well the TAD because they were on my shortlist of preferred speakers. Actually the choice boiled down to TAD or Q1, and I bought the Q1. More transparency, compared to them the TAD is a bit dry and I prefer sealed bass (cleaner) of Q1. The CR1 uses a great driver but the average quality of cabinet construction and crossover parts (everything is relative, in comparison with Q1) probably explains the difference with the Q1. My wife and I also much preferred the look of the Magico. They look like a minimalist piece of art.

I have also one pair of S1 on order. I have not listened to them in the same room as my Q1, but let's say that I was VERY impressed. They play at a much higher level than what their price shows, so I wold not dismiss them in a comparison with the CR1.
S1 sound is similar to the S5: a bit more relaxed and tolerant to the source than Q series, but slightly less transparent. Great imaging (better than Q1?), probably because of the shape of enclosure. They will not replace my Q1, I bought them as surround channel in my other system.

Last edited by jazzman; 01-22-2013 at 03:08 AM.