View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 03:21 AM

Default Shindo + Digital...Your Experiences

Now i know most folks that get involved with Shindo are already big into vinyl but i have yet to venture down that path quite yet even though I've got a decent set of starter albums handed down from my Dad many years ago.

As the new owner of a Shindo Pre & Amp I'm looking to extract the most music from what i have now (1000's of FLAC files) and eventually look to vinyl when time, and pocketbook, allows.

That said I'm looking to my fellow AA'ers to share their experience with finding delicious digital on a Shindo based system.

As you can see from my sig, I'm currently using the Transporter (wired) as a source with the music stored as lossless FLAC files on my Windows Home Server.

To kick off the thread I'll share a review i found on AudioAsylum where a Shindo user has had excellent success with a TeddyDAC (of Teddy Pardo fame). I'm unfamiliar with this piece and have thus far found relatively little about it but this is the kind of experience i'm looking for. I've since asked this user to share his updated thoughts via PM through that site.

Digital Drive

Thanks ahead of time!

Jayson