Thread: Kalvin Dahl
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeper View Post
I am bringing a Ref 5 SE that I recently purchased from an out of town ARC dealer to the ARC service department in person on Monday. The unit was damaged in shipping by rough handling by UPS. The Teflon coupling capacitors were dislodged from the main circuit board and other damage may have resulted which is not so obvious. It was well packed in its original carton and shipping materials. The carton shows external damage along one bottom edge and looks like it was dropped. The seller and I setup the service request and transportation arrangements (no more risky shipping) entirely through the ARC website and it has been a pretty smooth process so far. My email correspondence with the customer service manager, Greg Christiansen, has been efficient and to the point. I will post a follow up note when the work is complete and I have the unit safe at home.
UPS strikes yet again! You should've seen what they did to my friends Suder A810. Totally destroyed would be a good place to start. Sorry to read about this misfortune. Hopefully ARC will get you fixed up quick.
McIntosh MA8000; McIntosh MC1502; Canton Vento Reference 1 DC; E.A.T. E-Flat; Soundsmith Paua Mk II; Technics SL 1210 MK5; Audio Technica AT-150 MLX; Tascam BR-20; Teac X1000R; Pioneer RT-707; Oppo UDP 205; Denon DCD A-100; HP All-In-One Touchscreen Server; JRiver MC 28; Woo Audio WA6; Shure SRH 1840; SVS SB 1000; Jolida 502BRC; Jolida JD9; VPI 16.5 RCM; Wireworld Oasis 8 Speaker Cables; Audoquest Columbia 72 DBS IC's; Panamax PM-5400 (source components only)