View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 07:26 AM
Bodhisattva

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGA View Post
Thanks for the link. For custom, the local company will do anything at much cheaper price.
Cool! I'd say go for it! But bare in mind you often (not always) get what you pay for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGA View Post
Thanks for the idea, I will find a good designs from your link. Being a center channel, I considered it to be very important. And with lesson learned from the Gryphon Support and isolation. I am sure type of stands, weight, material and coupling method will have great effect. i never have stand-mount speakers before, so I dont have experience. Should I go for high mass stand or light weight one? Should I fill sand into stand columns? I have to find the way to make less negative sonic impact from Gryphon in front of SCC too. Still a long way to go, center cable is still simple Kimber 8Tc, amp is 15 years old Proceed HPA3. But I expect SCC to be great improvement over 15 years old Def Tech CLR3000. Toga
Keep in mind the Magico S series already use thick, inert cabinets which are fairly non-resonant already. Personally, in your position, I would get a custom stand made by your local company in a heavy box construction with spikes/cups & put the money I save into upgrading my cables and amp

Last edited by Bodhisattva; 10-17-2013 at 07:31 AM.