View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 04:52 PM
Old & New - Carpe Diem

Well, I am glad we did not take the Corvette down for multiple reasons. 1. It rained the whole way down from MD. 2. The entrance to the parking behind Seaside Inn Amelia was so steep the Corvette would have scraped nose, there was parking under the Inn which we never used)

The room was clean and very comfortable with easy outside access to the pool and amenities. The photos were misleading, as the Suite was very small.

It rained the first few days, but the weather cleared for the final 3 days of our stay which were spent on the very quiet beach, other than the beach refurbishment project underway.

The restaurants while good were so similar in their menus it was disappointing. We may have not searched far enough, but to be on the coast of Florida and not find one fish restaurant to die for was a disappointment.

It would appear that to really enjoy Amelia Island to it's fullest, one might venture to the south side where the Ritz-Carlton and Omni reside. We always like to explore the local beach scene, and the Historic Fernandina Beach area was delightful, though not as rewarding as expected.

Still a good trip, but might be a one timer, as there are so many places to explore!

Regards,
Jim

Last edited by ehoove; 04-15-2018 at 04:54 PM.