View Single Post
Old 02-13-2015, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart View Post
Jerry, we never stop!
But if you do now, you'll live with a truly fantastic system!
Bart, YES, for now, I am and can live with this system. Somehow,, my heart still aches, yearn and itch for that one elusive combo ... Don't get me wrong, it may not be MORE expensive, bigger nor anything ... Its just a desire to fulfil my CHILDHOOD DREAM of owning that ONE ELUSIVE SYSTEM I had wanted since school days, where I was way much poorer. To truly understand and be able to listen to the music of that bygone era playing thru the same gears of that age. A fantasy and a dream I intend to try to fulfil.

I am searching and so far, I must admit, I did finally found the pre/power amplifiers, a NOS combo. Yes, good ole "McIntosh" (nearly state it as MacDonald). Lucky me. I am still searching for the speakers, to which the AR's, KLH, Klipschorns, Tannoys (the last 2 still available as new but with modern parts). I know TT will never be the same - but then, the VINYLS are. And I have amassed enough from the era gone by (again, NOS stuff I bought over the internet, from Amazon, Audiohpile USA, ... If I do reached my goal, I will share my joy! That probably would be my retirement system. No need to be expensive or the best BUT something I do cherish as each time the music plays, I am brought back to my childhood days of yore .... "all the leaves are brown ... and the sky is grey .... wow!

Till then, thanks for the encouragement ... to you and all the friends I made in this forum.

Cheers!
SACD/DAC: Luxman D-10x
Server: Roon Nucleus+ 8TB SSD + Plixir Elite LPS
Bluray: ModWright Oppo UDP205
Amps: Air Tight ATC-5/ATM300R/ATH-3
Speakers: Avantgarde Uno XD Piano Black/Stealth Grey
Cables & Interconnects: Audience Au24 SX Series
Power Conditioner: Audience aR6 OX
Rack & Amp Stands: Audio-Philar

Last edited by JSCC; 02-14-2015 at 03:57 AM.