View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 07:45 AM

Default Power Plant Premier Arrived

Well after waiting for more than 2 months my Power Plant Premier arrived yesterday courtesy of the Master.

This was basically the last piece of the puzzle necessary to complete a recent system re-design. Waiting is never fun, but the end result was well worth the wait. I know we often discuss how one component can have a large impact on the overall performance, but I will have to say that this may be more significant than I was expecting.

I have of course read numerous professional reviews and have been influenced by the success that everyone on this forum has experienced with this product, but there is nothing like having one (or in Ivan's case many) in your own system.

So what is the outcome?........

Basically everything is improved. The system went from reproducing sound to making beautiful music. The soundstage is so much more coherant and complete. The bass is much more defined with better transient response resulting in more snap and control. The midrange now has a wonderful presence and vocals are sounding so full and lifelike. The high frequencies are smoother and more natural sounding, but yet detailed and without any glare.

There is no question that with reduced distortion comes a more enjoyable listening experience. You can listen without any fatigue at any volume level and not want to stop. The PPP definitely creates a black background of which beautiful music emerges.

Thanks to Ivan and everyone on the forum for all of the positive feedback and input on this piece that has put a very nice finishing touch on my system

Buddy