Thread: Power Cord Grip
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2015, 04:26 PM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod#S View Post
D'oh, I guess my question was already answered, prepress mentioned the 5 series so this goes back a number of series and seems to be getting better over time I guess as the series progresses??
The SACD, BD and Furman Elite have Stratus 7; the 2300 has Electra 7. Everything else is series 5.2. Well, not everything; The TV has a Venom 3s, the VPI SDS has a PS Audio Jewel, as do my Oppo 83 and Duo VP.

Series 7 is, according to WW, better. And a Series 7 cord is at least equivalent to the next model up in Series 5.2, they believe. Thus, the Stratus 7 is on par with an Aurora 5.2, and so on. I like how things sound, and would thus be reluctant to change brands, and would rather not have to resort to tricks and tweaks, but if the irritation becomes great enough, I may well do it. I don't like looking at the "droop" but can't argue with the sound. A bit of a conflict in my head at this point.

On the other hand, tomorrow night I'm to see the Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra with Wynton Marsalis, performing a program of Thelonious Monk's music. Special guests are Brad Meldhau and Joey Alexander, an eleven year-old piano prodigy. That should be fun. I will NOT have drooping power cords on my mind at that point!
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks