View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueChiaro View Post
My thoughts on your dilemma: If your Sashas are "beloved," then don't even make it a question. It's about your likes, not theirs.

I think both companies make excellent speakers, and it's a matter of personal taste, including aesthetics. Some people find the Wilsons horribly ugly...I didn't used to think much of them, myself. However, after a number of years, I've transitioned from (my wife's words) "they look like garbage cans" to seeing them as beautiful industrial art. On the looks front, I don't warm up to the Magicos, at all...but I'm now biased, obviously. If someone wrote that he thought they were beautiful, would I care? Absolutely not...I'll keep my opinion, and he can have his. It's no different from a sonic standpoint. To be honest, I don't subscribe to any of the magazines...it's just too easy to get caught up in wanting new gear. When I have the desire to make a change, then I go out and seek opinions/reviews on products that I think might be a good fit. In the end, I'm only interested in finding a product that works for me from a sonic/visual perspective. Once I have it, then I focus on finding music to listen to because, ultimately, that's what's important, to me.

Good luck with whatever you decide is best for you!

OMG. My wife also said the Sasha's look like garbage cans. Didn't stop me from buying a pair earlier this week though. They could look prettier, but ultimately sound is what we are buying them for. At least they are not as ugly as the Magico's.