View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBritt View Post
Still being in the honeymoon period, I have been monitoring my readings quite frequently. There is something that has changed and I've noticed it the past two nights. I haven't yet had occasion to get readings during the day, but even so, should I be alarmed?

The THD coming in is now around 4.5%. So that's a reduction, okay. But here's the weird thing: the THD output at the same time has increased to about 1%. It's actually bouncing around .9% to 1.1% or so in the blink of an eye. Is this normal?

I mean, I would expect the input THD to increase at night -- but it hasn't. So why should the input THD go down while the output THD doubled from my initial readings?

The only variable is I installed my C2200 in the meantime between the initial post and this more recent update. But the recent readings do not change when the preamp is turned off. Or when all the equipment is turned off except the PPP. This is weirding me out. Should I be concerned?
The THD % uncorrected and corrected jump around a bit on my units. Whenever I engage Multi-wave the numbers increase and ever since I ran Cleanwave the first time my numbers jumped and have never come down.

Unlike adjusting the input and output voltages with readily available voltage meters, trying to properly set the readings for THD is not within the realm of possibility for most of us.