View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Jason.......I can highly recommend the Wireworld Silver Electra power cables. I am presently using 14 of the 2 meter WW SE power cables, and was convinced of their sonic improvements the minute I put the first two on my MC501 amplifiers and began to play music.

My recommendation to you is purchase two Wireworld Silver Electra power cables in two meter length to start. Put one one your Power Plant Premier, and the other on your MC402. If you plan to purchase only one to begin with, then move the GA power cable from your amp to the PPP, and install the new Wireworld Silver Electra on the power amp. I feel certain you will be quite impressed with how the bottom two octaves will gain thickness in timbre, greater leading edge definition on bass notes from both electric and acoustic bass instruments, and a richness to the bass that will disappear when you return to the stock cord. I went back and forth for a couple of hours with the Wireworld SE power cable and stock cables on my amplifiers. Every single time the WW SE cables were on my amplifiers the lower octaves became immediately cleaner, and more realistic. I was hooked on these cable within 30 minutes of use.
Dan, thank you the recommendation. Sounds like a solid plan. This will be my next project.

Preamp: McIntosh C1100T/C1100C, McIntosh MX180
Amp: McIntosh MC611 (2), MC601 (3), MI254
Digital: McIntosh D1100, McIntosh MCT450, Meridian 808v6, Aurender N20, Aurender ACS10, Oppo 203
Analog: McIntosh MT10, Hana Umami Red
Phono preamp: Simaudio Moon 610LP, 820S
Signal cables: WW Gold Eclipse 7 speaker cables; Shunyata Sigma v2 XLR (2); Sigma v1 XLR (2), Transparent Ref XL (MM2) XLR; WW Silver Eclipse 7 (4)
Digital cables: Shunyata Omega USB, Omega Ethernet, Sigma Ethernet; WW Platinum 7 Coax, AES/EBU
Switch: Innuos PhoenixNet
Power: Audioquest Niagara 7000, Audioquest 5000, Audioquest Dragon, Hurricane PC, Shunyata Alpha HC, AQ NRG Edison outlets, (8) 20 amp dedicated lines, 125 amp subpanel
Speakers: Wilson Sasha DAW, Dynaudio Contour 30, Dynaudio Contour 25C
Subs: REL s/812 (6), REL s/510 (3)
Accessories: HRS M3X2 shelf (MT10), Stillpoints Ultra II v2 w/ bases (21), Ultra SS (12), Mini (12), LPi v1
Sound treaments: Artnovion