View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 08:16 AM
Racing Hoopties

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie78 View Post
Finally got my c52, I love it. It's paired with a mc 452 power amp. A few questions. I have to turn the knob up from in between 60 and 70 for quite a few songs to get the songs to play at a loud level. Is this normal? When you have yours cranked are you often in the 59 to 70 range depending on source material?

I'd like to ask the owners of this fine pre-power-amp combo if your using balanced or unbalanced interconnects between pre amp and power amp. I know the c 52 is not balanced. I'm pretty sure the mc 452 it completely balanced. Which is the best way to go? A huge thank you to anyone who can help me out here. Thank you Friends.

Mikey

What speakers are you using and what is their sensitivity?

What source are you using? If a turntable, are you sure you have it connected to the correct input for your cartridge? Eg MC or MM?

Do you have to use this volume level on all sources?

While I don’t own a C52, I have experience with other McPreamps and a MC452. Even driving a set of Infinity Betas with 88/89db sensitivity, I never had a volume control over 50 without bleeding ears.

Does the C52 allow you to trim the input levels on each source? What is your source set at?
Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon) Modified Buffalo GS2016 Switches, Keces P3 LPSU,
Cables: Wireworld Platinum 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 Speaker cables, 6M & 1M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
Other: Multiple GIK products, Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Minis and Ultra SS, Three 20 Amp lines, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack