View Single Post
Old 01-31-2020, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyptony View Post
.....The question is - is there a wall product I can use that won’t cut into the room space but give me better reverberation control than whatever is in there now?....

No. The dual drywall and drywall isolation systems available don’t help with in-room reverberation. You will need to add absorption and diffusion in the room to get it sounding awesome.

If you are into DIY you can also use 1” roll fiberglass materials like duct liner and 1” batten boards applied to the existing drywall surface, all covered with acoustic fabrics from Guildford of Maine. I did this with my last dedicated theater to good effect.

You might send your room size and layout info to GIK Acoustics or another acoustics company and see what they recommend. If I were to do it again this is what I’d do because it is easier and you can add treatment incrementally. Getting the low frequency reverberation tamed is the most difficult part.

Good luck!

Tom
Proac Response 1sc Rears,
Three MC2301's for L,C,R
MC 602 for the rears
C 1100, MX 151, MCD 1100, MR 80
Nottingham Dais with Wave Mechanic
Sumiko Palo Santos Presentation

SurfacePro 3, RPi 4, ROON, WW Starlight Platinum USB, Schiit Yggdrasil, Benchmark DAC3 HGC

MX 151, OppO BDP-95, JVC RS-500 DILA projector, 106" diagonal Stewart Luxus Screenwall Deluxe with Studiotek 130 G3 material.

Lake House:
Ohm F, MC 275V, C2300, MR 77, Rega P3

OnDeck:
McIntosh MAC 4300v