View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 07:42 AM

Lightbulb Speakers suggestions for E650

Hello guys

I decided to get rid of my Dynaudio Sapphire speakers. They're highly regarded but with my owned integrated amplifiers (E407, then E450, now E650) I never had the chance to make them play properly. There's a lack of mid bass that I suppose is related to the power of the amp/current, or so. Because when I used a friend's power amplifier (P650+C2420) they were definitely more low end loaded and they sounded more round, there were simply another story.
Nevermind, I prefer to continue with E650 and my intention is to try to combine my beloved E650 to another speakers.
My shortlist is down to these three models:
-Wilson Audio Sabrina (I auditioned a pair of Sophia 3 and was deeply impressed by scene/image and by the solid, consistent low end, less impressed by the speed, if I try to find a con argument) Also there are a lot of Wilson/Accu dealers that swear about this E650-Sabrina synergy.
-Marten Django XL (to be honest, I never heard them, just trust an opinion of a friend that heard them once).
-Triangle Magellan Quator (even Triangle Signature Alpha might also be an option). I owned a pair of Triangle Delta, was very happy with their speed, but concerned a bit that Triangle make speakers that are a bit too open and not very linear. Also a more than decent, but not very solid low end.

If you have some experience with any of these models, please advise.
I mainly listen to jazz fusion, industrial rock but also I am more and more keen to explore into classic music, probably this will be the focus in the near future.

Any help kindly appreciated.

Last edited by ctzzzz; 03-03-2018 at 07:51 AM.