View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1chen View Post
Go search for the WE417A, use either Kubala Sonsna Elation power cord or Transparent PLMM2X, use a step up transformer if you plan to play low impedance cartridge of less than 10 ohms. It is a wonderful phono.
Well I fired it up for a few sides last night. I bought it second hand and it is loaded with amperex pq tubes and and amperex driver tube. It has a fancy ass fuse that is directional. I took it out and I am not sure if I put it back the right way, as I didn't see the arrow because it was facing down. Any idea which way the flow is? The sound is dead quiet, that is what I cant believe. So quiet. I am noticing tics and pops that I never noticed with the chinook which sucks, but the separation and spacing is amazing. Is this a feedback design thing or a resolution thing(the pops)? Right now I have a running springs mongoose power chord(linear golden reference). I am using a Classic 3 with a Lyra Kleos SL. Nordost Tyr interconnect cables with Cardas Clear speaker wire(have some tyr coming soon to try), my pre is an olive Naim NAC52 with a NAP250. My speakers are Joseph audio Perspectives. My conditioning is a Running Springs Audio Dmitri with HZ for it and the amp. My dream system pretty much, never knew music could sound so good. Just put the 3d arm on too so still tweaking that, waiting for the wire to burn in first. Thanks for all the help

Jeff