View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Serge.......Thank you so much for letting me know about these wondeful speakers, and for taking such great care of them while in your possession. I will do the same for a long, long time. The GM's are magnificent speakers.
Dan, I am happy for you that you took the advice and decided to invest in the pristine condition pair of GM's. They brought me countless hours of listening pleasure. They will be a part of my "great gear" memories for sure. There is much satisfaction in owning a pair of speakers from the Sonus Faber "Homage" line. They are not only gorgeous to look at but they have a quality of sound about them that can be down right intoxicating. You'll know what I mean as you spend a few days listening to them. You will often come across recordings that will bring out their very best virtues. I suggest you start digging up some acoustic instrument recordings to get familiar with their qualities. Once you hear cello, violins, acoustic guitars on them, you will be in for a suprise. I am sure you will pick up on the fact that they are more refined sounding and able to convey the natural harmonic richness of instruments a bit more.

In terms of their condition, I always try to take great care of my audio gear since it is the one hobby that keeps me occupied for many hours and enjoyed daily. I am sure they will do the same for you. Enjoy!

Last edited by PHC1; 12-03-2009 at 01:12 AM.