View Single Post
Old 10-01-2017, 01:47 PM

With respect to possible upgrades and comparisons with other Shunyata products the following data may be of interest to some members. Using an Entech noise meter, on my specific power line noise spectrum, I received the following results using an Alpha HC input power cord on a Triton V2 and again after upgrading the V2 to V3 status. I used the full dynamic range of the Entech meter by carefully adjusting level knob to obtain 199 to 199.5 reading (just before the overload point) on my raw power line noise. The Alpha HC power cable with the Triton V2 consistently yielded a value of 2.1 to 2.2. Assuming (may be a big assumption) that the output of the Entech meter is linear this would correspond to a 90.7 times reduction in noise, a 39 dB reduction. I measure this performance multiple times on different days and times of day. I purposely did this testing before I sent my Triton in for the update to V3 status. Measuring the Triton V3, with similar 199 to 199.5 power line noise level, I consistently get an Entech reading of 0.3 to 0.4. Again, if we assume the Entech output is linear, this would indicate approximately a 6 times improvement, in the specific noise spectrum that I have on my power lines, with the V3 Triton as compared to the V2 Triton. This would be an additional 15 dB to 16 dB over the V2 Tritons performance. This means Triton V3 with Alpha HC input cable achieves a 54 dB to 55 dB noise reduction with my power line noise spectrum and within the bandwidth of the Entech meter. Note: The Entech meter only measures "differential" line noise (noise between the power lines) and does not measure "common mode" noise (noise between power lines and ground). Hope this helps…

Last edited by MAXPWR; 12-28-2017 at 02:46 PM. Reason: spelling and punctuation