Thread: P5 or P10
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 10:27 AM
Aspiring Audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwilli View Post
My view is that it provides clean power and a measure of protection to my equipment. While I can't say I heard any improvement in the sound and certainly no 'burn in' effect, I am pleased to know it's there doing what it does.

Do I need it? Probably not but then I wouldnt have the surge protection it provides. Expensive insurance perhaps.
Good feedback.

I'm considering keeping the P10 from an insurance standpoint, but I was really hoping to "hear" improvements as well.

The reviews seem to almost universally praise the improved sound. With many folks saying let it burn in for up to 300 hours to hear all the improvements.

I'm not sure if it is timing from burn in, or if I tried the Ayre "Irrational But Efficacious" CD, but i swear the bass has increased in my system 2x. I had to check a couple of times to make sure my subs were turned off.
Main > Aurender N10/N100 / Antipodes K50 > Aries Cerat Kassandra mk2 - Playback Designs Dream DAC > D'agostino Momentum HD > PS Audio P10 > D'Agostino S250 > Sonus Faber Aida / REL S812 Six Pack + 4 JL Audio F113 Fathoms > B&W Signature HTM > Anthem Statement D2v > Mcintosh MC205 > Focal 1000 (side surrounds) > Bryston TIW (rear surrounds)

Secondary System > Aurender N100h> AMR777SE > D'agostino Momentum Integrated > Wilson Sasha DAW