Thread: The new 8003
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 10:08 AM

thats just what i was saying. I own alot of mcintosh gear, am a fan, but to be honest, Mcintosh is not for anything but Pre amps, and amps. They are way over priced for anything else and by the time they come out with something, it is already older techno.

I would not want to spend usless money on anything mcintosh for Blue ray. That is why, I was going with the 8003 from marantz. From what I have demo, this piece is IMO far above the rest in the price range, and only a little behind other units twice as much.

I am planing on still using my mcintosh mht-200 just for the amps and use the 8003 for its proces. for movies. Since my system is a complete two seprt systems for both HT and 2chn. I still use my c2300 and 501 for dedicated 2 chnl. I just also use the 501 for my main speakers during HT, I really only use the MHT to power my center and rears.
Mcintosh 501(x2) ~ c2300 ~ Mc 303 ~ Marantz 8003 and 7004BD ~ Esoteric DV-60 ~ JL Audio F110 (x 2) ~ Music Hall MMF (Benz silver cart) ~ Audience AU24 E Interconnects/Audio cables/ Power cords ~ Ricard Gray 400 Pro (x3) w/ kubala Power Cords ~Speakers Totem Wind Design-Model one signature Center-Dali Helicon W200 rears