Thread: Ed’s System
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2019, 07:38 PM
Go Dawgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by For The Love of Music View Post
I’m sitting here listening to the Soft Parade, from The Doors Soft Parade, released by QRP using Analog Tape Masters, and it has a level of refinement, natural, perhaps this is what is called Analog.

Morrison’s statement at the end of the song Soft Parade, “When all else fails...”, sounds to me as it was recorded in the studio and on the digital version it has a slight, very slight “digital” around the voice.

I’m talking a radical separation for critical comparison, and when things are radical, wars start, so back to having and enjoying both!
Ed - is that the Analogue Productions 45 RPM version of The Soft Parade? If not, once you get your analogue dialed in you need to get that Doors 45 RPM box set. It's amazing.

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3