Thread: Armator Electra
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2018, 09:53 PM

Sonus Faber Electa Amator were the first speakers I bought after graduating college. I bought the speakers along with a Counterpoint amp and preamp and a Proceed CD player in 1994 or so.

I sold the speakers about 15 years ago in the early days of Audiogon but I still have the original wood and marble stands. They were too heavy to ship and the dealer installed them so I never saw original boxes. The marble base was supposedly from the quarry owned by the designer of the speakers. They eventually made a version II and the new release in my opinion will be nothing like the labor of love that personified the originals. Sadly Sonus Faber has gone from a boutique brand to about as mass market as a brand can get in today's high end market.

I still have the original stands today - repurposed by my wife as the worlds most expensive plant stands, I think they were over $1k in 1994. If anyone is ever looking for the original stands in the NYC area, they are like new and holding plants waiting for an old pair of Sonus Faber's to find them!