View Single Post
Old 05-30-2020, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samac View Post
Thanks, I may just go that route. Although I don’t use USB so the Unison feature won’t get utilized.

It will be interesting. With the Node 2 and the NAD amp my system probably leans just to the warm side of neutral, which I prefer. From what I gather the original Gumby and Bimby were both on the warm side of neutral. But from user impressions it sounds like Gumby A2 and Bifrost 2 are more straight neutral.

Then I’ve got the angle of should I go for the Yggy GS. That is very tempting as well.

I guess I could drive myself nuts with this.

Cheers,

Scott
Hi I am new here and value your opinions in my quest for an enhanced audio experience.

I am looking to get a Schiit Freya or Saga + both tube versions to connect to a Blusound node 2 or 2i. Has anyone used this combination for a significant audio upgrade? Hows the experience for streaming this way pl. By the way I will be connecting the Schiit Freya or Saga + to my power amp XTZ A 2 300 150 watt Class D as well. It has a gain control. Currently am having Klipsch RP 6000f fronts; and centre two 10inched Klipsch subs and a Marantz UD 7007 CD and SACD/ Blueray player along with Jamo surround and front height speakers. I have an Onkyo RZ 830 AVR which has a built in Tidal function which decodes MQA. However thinking if the Schiit plus Bluesound node will give a better listening feel, with some tube refinement and airiness while having good clarity, soundstage and bass punch. If it does then I will use my Onkyo for movies and my streaming and CD listening with Schiit Bluesound and XTZ power amp. By the way does Saga + or Freya + yield better returns? I have never ventured into tubes before but am always drawn to it.

Appreciate your feedback. Thanks