Thread: SACD's in Japan
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2016, 10:54 AM

HMV was ubiquitous when I was there about 7 years ago.
Unless they have downsized significantly, you should be able to run across an HMV pretty easily. The stores I went in were large and well stocked.

Also, look up Disk Union. Different Disk Union locations used to specialize in particular genres so it may be worth some investigation, as well. Disk Union is much, much smaller, but has a "deeper" selection of certain kinds of music.

I'm not sure if Tower still has a location in Tokyo. They had a location when I was there and that was great, too.

There are lots of independent stores that may or may not be worthwhile to seek out. Many specialize in used vinyl and cd's, so if that's not a priority, HMV and Disk Union might be your best bet, along with Tower, if it still exists.

Don't forget to go to a department store to salivate in the electronics section! The selection of gear in department stores that didn't even specialize in audio gear was staggering.

south: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Lumin A1, Oppo BDP-205, Pioneer CT-43, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers, Audioquest Dragon PCs, Audioquest speaker cables, Audioquest interconnects, HB Power Design Powerslave Star Galaxy power distributor

north: Vitus SIA-030, Luxman D10X, Sony TC-KA3ES, Harbeth 40.2, Siltech cables