View Single Post
Old 09-10-2017, 07:02 AM
Semi-audiophile

Speaking of the C2600 and the C52, has anyone here moved from the 2600 to the 52, and why? I read a post elsewhere recently from someone who made that move and cited low-end performance as a reason. I don't remember where I saw that post (I'll look for it when I have time) but another seed has been planted. I have to be careful around here!

I never actually auditioned a C52. The 2300 was growing on me due to my tube and power cord machinations, and the time to go somewhere where I could have an audition is scarce. But if the difference were significant enough to my ears, I would consider trading in or selling the 2300 and putting the credit or money toward a C52, even with my earlier comments about the too-big (in my view) ground connection for the phono section. Even though the connection was clunky and I didn't like it, it did seem to work.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks