View Single Post
Old 04-24-2016, 09:14 AM

After what seemed like years (three months), I received my M400 upgrade this past week and got a few good hours on them yesterday. Bottom line up front: Definitely worth the upgrade price for me at least. There were two improvements I noticed immediately - wider soundstage and more contrast between a sound (voice, instrument, percussion) and the background. These amps were already to best I've ever had in my system. I'm even more impressed with Dan D now if that is possible.

I deliberately played some less than stellar files to see how the amps would do with different levels of source material. My system is optimized for detail and even on poorly miked or mastered files I am very familiar with I heard more low level sound in the background on all files without exception. There was not enough improvement to move these files into my Favorites List but they do show what the amps are capable of doing.

It's a great time to be alive for us audiophiles. So many choices at so many price points. There is something for everyone. For me, these amps are the bee's knees.

Cincy
Magico Q-Sub 15 Subwoofers (2)
Transparent Opus Gen5 speaker cables and Interconnects
PS Audio P20 regenerator
Roon file management