Thread: Marten Django
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zugisland View Post
John , thanks for the feedback on your new Django's . I too just got my new ones too in silver I think from the same fine dealer in the Detroit area. I replaced a pair of nice VS Vr 35"s but the Djangos immediately out of the box were in a class by themself. When i auditioned them i pitted them up against the the nice Vivid B1's both were great but the Djangos looked better and performed and sounded more organic to me. Anyway i currently have 3 dacs i am auditioning to pair up with the Marten's , Ayons Syklla 2 , Bricasti M1 and Empircal Audio overdrive Se . ..All 3 sound great but am leaning toward the Bricasti as it has more punch and extension althought the other 2 sound sweet also ..very close call. Will wait a few mroe days to make my final selection unless anyone else has some other suggestions in that 6 to 8 k price range ( I did audition the PBD mpd3 also and liked the sound but was getting hissing thur it and returned it. Checked out anohter unit at a local dealer and it too did the same at thier store so i ruled that out ) ..
Hi Zugisland,

Welcome aboard to AudioAficionando, Yes I got mine also from David Michael audio. What amp/pre amp are using with your Django? I demoed the Bricasti (not from David's place) already and loved it quick, authoriative and musical. When I was demoing Bricasti I was getting a sporadic popping noise thru the USB. Might of been the unit since I was demoing a couple other dacs at the same time and wasn't having that issue at all. I'm hoping to be demoing the David's MSB dac in the next couple of weeks after all his other clients hear the new galaxy clock. Then I will make a decision. I'm sure the MSB will be better plus they are always raising the bar on digital.
Shunyata Research Sigma USB and Ethernet
Argento Audio speaker cables and interconnects