Thread: Marten Django
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 04:18 PM

John , thanks for the feedback on your new Django's . I too just got my new ones too in silver I think from the same fine dealer in the Detroit area. I replaced a pair of nice VS Vr 35"s but the Djangos immediately out of the box were in a class by themself. When i auditioned them i pitted them up against the the nice Vivid B1's both were great but the Djangos looked better and performed and sounded more organic to me. Anyway i currently have 3 dacs i am auditioning to pair up with the Marten's , Ayons Syklla 2 , Bricasti M1 and Empircal Audio overdrive Se . ..All 3 sound great but am leaning toward the Bricasti as it has more punch and extension althought the other 2 sound sweet also ..very close call. Will wait a few mroe days to make my final selection unless anyone else has some other suggestions in that 6 to 8 k price range ( I did audition the PBD mpd3 also and liked the sound but was getting hissing thur it and returned it. Checked out anohter unit at a local dealer and it too did the same at thier store so i ruled that out ) ..