View Single Post
Old 12-23-2017, 12:21 PM
Semi-audiophile

Brief update: The Gingko arrived 12/15, but when I opened the box, one of the corners on the platform had suffered damage in shipping. I e-mailed Vinh Vu and we had a nice exchange. We even spoke by phone (he called me!). The upshot is, when I get back from vacation (which is where I am now) I'll set up the Cloud 11 and see if it solves or helps the footfall problem. If not, I can return the Cloud 11 and that's it. If I keep it, then Mr. Vu would either send me a new platform (I could just chuck the defective one) or walk me through glueing the broken-off piece back on; I also could keep the platform as is with a $100 discount, as performance isn't impacted by the defect. There's even a chance he'd come by personally and check things out, as he has a daughter in Brooklyn he'd need to drop off. That's nice of him, but I'd have to clean up! There are other options beyond the Cloud 11 for improving stability and rigidity, apparently.

I might explore spikes for the rack while I'm at it as well. I'm not sure if Sanus Euro racks have the option.