View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 09:08 PM
George

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
I bet you haven't forgotten the sound of the trombone of Glenn Miller. It is all deeply rooted into us for sure. Funny that I think back and do not find anything objectionable about that very simple all-in-one turntable/system...
Good memories..

You know, I noticed you have a Woo WA6. I have had a WA6, WA6se... and finally his WA5-Le. If you have some spare funds sometime I REALLY Highly recommend the WA5... It uses 300B tubes... I upgraded with Takatsuki 300b tubes.. It is a jaw dropping... completely different, worlds better, warm... huge midrange bloom... powerful... I can go on and on... if you get the non-LE (i should have) it can drive speakers. It is so powerful it grabbed my Sennheiser 800’s and filled them out and sound a lot like my Utopias (in a good way). It took my headphone system up several levels. Probably caused me to upgrade my main system because it showed how powerful and detailed the midrange should be. Now I have that on my main system as well... the ARC Ref 160s did it. Not syrupy or flabby bass at all. But with the kiss of tube warms to make it so compelling, comfortable, and real.
Main: Aurender W20SE music streamer, ARC REF 9SE DAC / CD, Linn LP 12, Koetsu Rosewood SignCartrige, ARC REF 3 Phono Stage, ARC REF 6SE Preamp, ARC 160s amp, Sonus Faber Amati Traditional Speakers,Transparent Ultra IC & SC Library:Aurender N100, Ayre QB9 2020 DAC, Woo WA5-LE amp upgraded tubes, Focal Utopia HP, Sennheiser 800s HP, LCD HP.

Last edited by George Prentice; 01-12-2021 at 09:15 PM.