View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 06:23 PM
Life is beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by joel_hifi View Post
The Brocksieper EarMax-Pro OTL Class A headphone amp arrived today

This small device looks very well executed with its nice black gloss chassis, a solid/swift volume knob, quality connectors and external PSU.

It sounded immediately very pleasing out of the box without much warm up (but even better after 30 mins) and with the stock ECC81/ECC88 tubes.

I chose the Mytek Brooklyn DAC over the Ayon Stealth as I wanted to avoid additional tubes in the path. Source is the Innuos ZENith Mk3 streaming the High Rez Masters Jazz Essentials playlist from Qobuz via Roon. Cans are the Audeze LCD-2 and my newly acquired Sennheiser HD650.

What is immediately sticking is the wonderful liquid midrange. Listening to Wayne Shorter's tenor sax on Infant Eyes from the album Speak No Evil and to Ella Fitzgerald's Ain't Misbehavin' from the album Ella And Basie was an absolute bliss. Pretty deep/tight bass, sweet highs although maybe not the ultimate word in terms of extension. Good dynamics and effortless presentation. Overall highly musical

Serge, thanks for this very nice recommendation

Joel, what a nice little amp!

Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables